Monday Muses
What you experience as a child can really sort of mold you as you grow up. If you had an experience with a parent, you might not trust them or anyone else. The same thing goes for what you read. The few first books you learn how to read starts the infinite world and it can really open up your mind. My first book I still remember and I remember how it gave me confidence.
The first book I ever read was a book called The Loudest Roar. This book was about a tiger who people thought couldn't scare people with his roar. So through out the whole book the tiger never gave up and in the end he roared a roar that shook the whole forest. This book was the first book I had ever read. Well actually I didn't read it as much as memorize it, but still, I worked really hard on all the words, and than preformed it for my family. Even though I was only three, I realized that the tiger tried as hard as he could to have the loudest roar and finally he succeeded. This book has taught me a lot, even just looking at it here. I never try and settle for the second best thing. When things get hard I don't give up, sure I might kick and scream, but I never give up.
Books you read as a child form the people you grow up to be. I read so many books as a child and now I love to read. My parents used to read me a book every night before I went, so now when I read a book I think of them, and how they taught me how to read. Books aren't the only thing that forms you, but it sure is a big part of it.
Books you read as a child form the people you grow up to be. I read so many books as a child and now I love to read. My parents used to read me a book every night before I went, so now when I read a book I think of them, and how they taught me how to read. Books aren't the only thing that forms you, but it sure is a big part of it.
i really love the beginning. the way you introduce your first book, and explain the importance of these first books is a really smart and intellegent way to start this post!
ReplyDeleteNice response! I agree with you, what happens to you as a child really can affect you, especially what you read. The message in the book is very meaningful, and I think it's pretty awesome for this book to have been your first! From personal experience, I too have realized I should give up even though things aren't working the way you want them to. Again, great post!
ReplyDelete