This I believe
I believe that friendship
is stronger than any fight. I believe that friendship can drag you out of a
whole that you dug yourself into. I believe that friendship is the perfect
thing for making you feel happy and secure. When I think of friendship, I think
of the group of friends that I’ve had for four years, but I also think of the
new friends I made, the ones that I don’t tell all my secrets to, but can be
myself around.
I have a group of
friends that I have had for four years. Some I met seven or eight years ago,
some I met only four years ago. I’ve told them all my secrets, and all my hopes,
my dreams. But that’s not only what friendship is about. Friendship is about,
knowing how to make each other laugh, or knowing when they’re hurt. I walked
down the block with my mom, wondering why I even agreed to do this. If I knew
my friend, I knew that she would not be very happy to see me. When I got to her
house, I paused a minute before knocking on her door. “Hey Grace,” Her mom
opened the door and I came inside. I looked around at the same hose that I have
seen for five years, only today it looked different. “She’s upstairs,” her mom
directed me up the stairs and into my friends’ room. I walked in and looked
around; she was nowhere to be seen. Her mom took my hand and gestured for me to
sit down on the bed. That’s when I saw her; she was sitting in her closet with
her back to me. “Honey, Grace is here; you have to come out now.” My friend
just shook her head. I put my head in my hands and my hands through my hair;
remembering that I had forgotten to wash it this morning. We talked about 10
minutes, me saying the same thing over and over, and her not really saying
anything besides giving a little “No” or “You know what you did”. She finally
faced me and sat next to me on the bed. We started talking about the good thing,
and we laugh and laughed.
I believe
friendship is also about forgiveness and understanding, Sure me and my friend
fight, more than anyone else in our little group, but that doesn’t mean we’re
not friends, because friendship is much stronger than a couple of fights.
I liked how you explain what you believe in in friendship and how you have known your friends for a very long time
ReplyDeleteI love your anecdote! It was a really moving essay.
ReplyDelete